About Maya Abdominal Therapy
– Don Elijio Panti, traditional healer from Belize
Amy Townsend and Malea Nicolet are practitioners of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ (ATMAT). Amy has completed advanced training in pregnancy care using ATMAT.
ATMAT is centered around the ancient Maya techniques of healing, which re-positions abdominal organs and increases/improves the flow of blood, lymph, nerve & chi energy. These techniques are proven to be effective in the treatment of digestive issues, pelvic and menstrual issues, infertility issues, pregnancy and labor, menopause, low back pain and more. It may also release emotional and energetic congestion from the abdomen. All of this supports healthy organ function, as well as restoring a sense of groundedness and well-being.
ATMAT is best known for helping balance the ’tilted, tipped, retroverted’, or ‘prolapsed, falling’ womb and bladder. Through helping the womb rebalance its position in the pelvis, natural fertility is enhanced, menstruation is supported, and discomforts commonly associated with pelvic pain, menopause, painful sex, post-hysterectomy scarring and bladder incontinence may be reduced. No matter what the cause of seeking out this therapy, a common result of this work is to feel more centered and aligned within oneself after the session. Clients consistently report its benefits, and for some it can be transformational.
Are you a mother of a daughter? Please read on:
**Teenagers and preteens** can benefit from this work. Younger women have the ability to repair the effects of ligament changes from womb malposition quickly and efficiently, and as such, this work can be a potentially great support to avoiding common painful symptoms our culture has come to think of as ‘normal’ for menstruating.. such as low back pain, bloating, heaviness, and cramping. Imagine if you could help your daughter avoid these (and possibly difficulties you had with your womb), as well as foster a healthy foundation for their fertility and her sense of her natural female processes. This is the potential for this age group. It is so important.
Moms, come receive a session so you know. And then see if its a fit for your daughters. Young women under age 18 are welcome to have a session with their guardian present.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ combines Western principles of anatomy and physiology with traditional healing and wisdom – an integrative, holistic approach to physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
Please allow 2 hours for the initial session:
- Comprehensive review of personal health history & health care goals
- Gentle Abdominal manipulations focused on aligning pelvic & abdominal organs. You will be appropriately draped at all times during your session, and respecting your comfort.
- Treatment and corrections to mid & lower back muscles, and sacral and pelvic structures
- Instruction in Self Care techniques that individuals can apply at home
- Additionally, herbal remedies, castor oil packs, and other natural approaches may be suggested to enhance the effect of treatment and may be indicated based on the lifestyle consult.
The first session is 70-100 minutes long; follow up sessions are 60-70 minutes each. Follow-up care depends on individual goals and results. We work together to ensure your individual health care needs either through ARVIGO® Therapy or referral to additional health care providers when necessary to achieve your goals. Please schedule the according to when you are not menstruating, do not have an IUD in place, or have a fever/illness/infection
This list contains common *symptoms* of organ malposition and congestion in the abdomen…
Womb and Bladder Symptoms:
- Low/prolapsing uterus and/or cervix visible upon self inspection
- Low/prolapsing bladder, incontinence, cystocele
- Chronic bladder or yeast infections
- Painful menstrual cycles and/or ovulation (including cramping)
- Irregular menstrual cycles and/or ovulation
- Not ovulating or fertility challenges
- Ovarian cysts
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- PMS/Depression with menstruation
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic congestion, pelvic pain
- Painful sex
- Bloating on menses
- Low Back ache
- Larger or varicose veins down one, or both, legs
- Low energy
- Deep groin ache that persists
- One hip repeatedly misaligns
- Rectal pressure on menses
Additional Organ Symptoms:
- Rectocele, enterocele
- Chronic Headaches/migraines
- Digestive Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
Arvigo® sessions consist of a comprehensive health intake, teaching time, and treatment time. Pricing is based on the length of each session; your practitioner may use the whole session to talk, teach, and treat within the hour for $70 or, clients may choose a 90-minute session for $100, allowing for more time to go over questions, concerns and have a slightly longer massage.
Discount packages are available. Please contact me individually for payment options.
We do not currently insurance, but can provide a bill for you to submit to your provider.
Please visit the Arvigo website www.arvigotherapy.com for more information.
ARVIGO® and THE ARVIGO TECHNIQUES OF MAYA ABDOMINAL THERAPY® are trademarks owned by The Arvigo Institute, LLC and are used herein by permission of The Arvigo Institute, LLC. © 2016 by The Arvigo Institute LLC. All Rights Reserved